Sleevehead: Bruce Boyer's True Style                                                          

Bruce Boyer's True Style

    I packed a copy of True Style by Bruce Boyer on my flight to Paris last fall and optimistically thought I would have time to read it before Christmas 2015. Unfortunately, my studies prevented me from reading this terrific new volume on menswear until recently.


Put simply, this is the best introduction and guide to masculine style currently on the market. It is the prose expression of the sartorial elegance described in the book itself, revealing an adroit knowledge of literature, sociology, history and a subtle tincture of personal experience.

What I enjoyed most is that Boyer combines the practical, informed and unexpected with a sense of ease. Much as true style deserves a moment of considered appreciation, this is a book worthy of an appreciative read. Highly recommended!

Labels: , , , , , , ,